Houseboat Experience | Classic Chobe Safari and Houseboat Safari Package
Includes flights ex/to Johannesburg.
Accommodation: Classic lodge and luxury boat accommodation with en-suite facilities
Activities: Game drives, boat cruises, birding and fishing, excursions
Destinations: Chobe River, Chobe National Park (Botswana) and Chobe Namibia (Caprivi Strip)
Seasonal: The best time is between May and October, during the dry season
Classic Fly-in Chobe and Houseboat Experience
The Chobe Houseboat Safari Package puts a new perspective on the African safari in one of Botswana's greatest wildlife sanctuaries. The traditional safari combines with something new and unique in the houseboat experience, to provide a truly memorable safari holiday.
The Chobe River is renowned for its prolific wildlife, and in particular the concentration of Elephants during the dry season, and this safari package ensures the best opportunity to experience the bounty.
You'll enjoy the comfort of a traditional safari lodge and a luxury houseboat, which allows for an overall appreciation of the wildlife experience of the Chobe River, where animals can be viewed from land as well as water.
Day 1: Johannesburg - Kasane - ChobeView Lodge
Day 2: ChobeView Lodge
After the morning activity there will be a choice of things to do including fishing and visiting a village to learn about the culture of the area. The afternoon activity can be rounded off with a sundowner on the river, affording one of the most inspirational moments in Africa.
Day 3: Chobe - Chobe Caprivi
The days are about relaxation coupled with the excitement of being in a true African wilderness. The houseboat provides for your every need and activities include bird watching, fishing, game viewing or simply relaxing on the deck looking out over the river.
Day 4: Chobe Caprivi
Day 5: Chobe Caprivi - Kasane - JohannesburgThis is the final day of your Botswana Safari. Today you will leave the houseboat and head back across into Botswana via the immigration in Kasane. You will then be transferred to the airport to catch your return flight to Johannesburg O.R. Tambo International Airport after a truly memorable African safari experience.
Rates & PricesThis is a 5 day Fly-in package for 2 guests sharing in en-suite accommodation, all inclusive of meals and scheduled activities, flights ex/to Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport with set departure days on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday in the late morning to Kasane and return flight to Johannesburg in the afternoon.
This Botswana package can also be combined with a stay at Livingstone (Zambia) or Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) at the end, or a fly-in package to the Okavango Delta. Rates may vary depending on the season and daily currency exchange rate.
- Return flight Johannesburg per scheduled departure
- Road transfer ex/to Kasane Airport and Kasane immigration (Botswana - Namibia)
- Boat transfer to the houseboat
- 2 night's in en-suite accommodation in Chobe
- Fully inclusive 3 meals per day, 3 activities per day and park fees
- 2 night's in an en-suite cabin on the houseboat on a full-board basis
- All house wines, beers, soft drinks and mineral waters
- All activities - fishing, game viewing by boat and birding
- All equipment for fishing, roads lures and a boat
- Park fees
- Government levies and VAT Botswana and Namibia
- Flight tax and departure tax
- Any gratuities or personal expenses
- Visa fees
- Premium brands (cognacs, champagne, fine wine and spirits)
- Voluntary Community Development Levy of ZAR40.00 per person/ per stay
- Lost rapalas and lures during your stay on the houseboat
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions