Location of Sango Safari Camp in Moremi Game Reserve
The Khwai River forms a natural border among the Moremi Game Reserve and the Khwai Concession and as a result, the wildlife freely roams between the reserves.
Guests on safari in the Moremi Game Reserve will encounter a myriad of fauna. Large population of elephant stomp the Moremi Game Reserve, especially in the dry season. Observe buffalo, giraffe, lion, white rhino, kudu, zebra, impala and wildebeest.
The dry season and July until October is the best time to visit the Moremi Game Reserve because game viewing is at its peak.
Self-drive Directions to Sango Safari Camp from Maun
Route 1 via Mababe Village - water crossings
We do not recommend this route in the flood season unless your car has a snorkel and you are confident driving through deep water (it may come over your bonnet). Please contact us closer to your time of travel to get an update on the level of the water crossings.
- From Maun (Matlapaneng Circle) head out on the Shorobe road towards Moremi
- 50.63km - road splits - left hand side to South Gate, right hand side to Mogothlo and Mababe - go right
- 59.8km - Mababe Bridge - when you go over the bridge keep to the left where the road splits
- 33.6km - white bridge
- 1.7km - take the track that goes off to the left (you will be leaving the main road - the water is too deep to cross
- on this road) - you will go through 2 or 3 crossings on this track.
- 0.6km - rejoin main road
- 1.3km - intersection with a large sign for construction of Khwai water project (left is to the airstrip and right
- towards Khwai/Sango) - turn right. Proceed along the main road, go across an old dry crossing with a concrete
- base in the centre of it (watch out for the step up and off this slab) straight after that you will see a property
- with a lot of small pink houses (little lodge), about 50m after this a track goes off to the left.
- proceed on this track till you see the rondavel to your left - proceed straight and you will be at Sango.
Route 2 via Moremi - No water crossings
- From Maun (Matlapaneng Circle) head out on the Shorobe road towards Moremi:
- 50.63km - road splits - left hand side to South Gate, right hand side to Mogothlo and Mababe - go left
- 36km - to South Gate, enter Moremi (you can pay park fees at the gate or prepay in Maun at the DWNP office)
- 30km - to North Gate, exit Moremi and turn right onto the main road through Khwai Village
- 2km - turn right to Sango Camp - proceed on this track till you see the rondavel to your left - proceed straight
- and you will be at Sango.
Please note a 4x4 is essential for all routes
S 19 09' 48.2"
E 23 45' 46.0"
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions