Location of Mashatu Main Camp, Northern Tuli Game Reserve
Unspoilt African landscapes rich in history and teaming with game is the home of Mashatu Main Camp, a luxury game lodge in Botswana. This ancient part of Africa has remained unchanged since the arrival of explorers like Kipling.
The Tuli Block occupies land that is formed between the meeting of 2 great rivers, the Limpopo and the Shashe. The wilderness here is diverse. Mashatu Main Camp features two riverbeds formed by ancient lava flows.
How to get there
Flight and road transfers
There are daily flight connections through Airlink from O.R. Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg) to Polokwane Airport, and the option of either a transfer by air charter or road transfer to Mashatu from Polokwane by independent transfer companies.
The early morning flight from Johannesburg to Polokwane is the only one able to connect with these onward transfers.
Road Transfers to and from Mashatu from Johannesburg
Wilro Tours offers a road transfer between Johannesburg and the Northern Tuli Game Reserve.
- All road and charter transfers are based on a minimum of 2 people travelling
- Luggage on the charter flights is limited to 15kgs per person in soft carrier bags
- Please note that the Pont Drift Border Post (Botswana) closes at 4pm
- These times are strictlyenforced
- The Border Post between South African and Botswana at Pont Drift opens at 8am and closes at 4pm
- Please note these Pont Drift Border Post hours are strictly enforced by the Botswanan Government
- Mashatu Game Reserve is a 6 hour drive from Johannesburg
- There are toll fees payable on he N1 highway to Polokwane
- Mashatu Game Reserve is a 7 hour drive from Gaborone
- Please note that the rendezvous time for collection by Mashatu game rangers is 1pm at the Pont Drift Border Post (Botswana). Variation of this time can be made by special arrangement and incurs an extra fee
- Guests travelling from South Africa must clear South African immigration before being personally met by a Mashatu Reserve representative. Transfer of guests and their luggage to open 4-wheel drive vehicles is made at this point and all guest vehicles are safely left within the precinct of the South African border post
- Should the Limpopo River be in flood, transfer across the river into Botswana is made by cable car at an additional cost
- The Mashatu Reserve representatives will assist guests through Botswana Immigration before transferring them to the camp of their choice
The estimated driving time from the Pont Drift Border Post to
Mashatu Main Camp - 45 minutes.
Approximate distances from Johannesburg to Pont Drift
Johannesburg to Pont Drift is approximately 6 hours drive.
Johannesburg to Polokwane is 300km (187 miles) and Polokwane to Pont Drift is 204km (127 miles).
Approximate distance from Gaborone to Pont Drift
Travelling via Palapye, Mogapi, Bobonong and Motlhabaneng about 516km (321 miles), of which the road is tarred for about 490km (304 miles), and untarred for about 50km (31 miles).
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions