This 3-day Classic Fly-in Delta Exploration Safari package offers the best of the Okavango Delta with activities ranging from opens safari vehicle game drives and traditional mokoro canoe trips.
Classic Fly-in Okavango Delta Exploration Experience
Your Delta Exploration Safari takes place in a private concession in the Okavango Delta, which allows for a range of safari activities so you can experience the wonders of this fascinating wilderness.
Being on a private concession the activities include game drives, night drives, informative walks and makoro rides to allow you the ultimate Okavango Safari experience, and for those wanting to do a spot of fishing the guides will take you to secret spots.
With this range of activities there is no doubt that this African Safari in the Okavango will live long in the memory. Knowledgeable safari guides will ensure that the Okavango is brought to life before your eyes.
- Comfortable safari tents in traditional safari style, all with full en-suite semi-open ablution facilities, most of them overlooking a lagoon
- Game drives, night drives, walks, makoros (canoes) and fishing
- Seasonal floodplains of the Okavango Delta
- All year round destination but with high water peak between June and October
Day 1: Johannesburg - Maun - Okavango
After arriving in Maun from Johannesburg you will be transferred in a light aircraft to your bush camp in the Okavango Delta where you will be spending 2 nights.
You will arrive in time for lunch and a chance to settle in before the afternoon activity to explore this unique area. A highlight of the afternoon will be the sunset stop where you enjoy a drink.
Day 2: Okavango
Today you will be waking early for a light breakfast before heading out on the morning activity where the secrets of the Okavango will be shared with you by the local guides.
Their knowledge of the area is built from years of living and working in this wilderness. Returning to the bush camp you will have brunch after which there will be time to relax or to do some fishing.
Afternoon tea will be served before the late activity to explore more of the area and to try and catch some of the wildlife you have missed.
Dinner may be served under the stars accompanied by the sounds of the Okavango by night before you retire to bed and reflect on your experience.
Day 3: Okavango - Maun - Johannesburg
There will be time this morning for an activity before the flight back to Maun to catch your onward flight to Johannesburg.
- Return scheduled flight ex/to Johannesburg
- Light aircraft flight ex/to Maun
- 2 nights' en-suite accommodation
- All inclusive meals, snacks, tea & coffees, local brand beverages (alcoholic & non-alcoholic)
- Laundry service
- All game viewing activities: game drives, night drives, boat cruises, makoros, fishing, nature walks
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance only
- Premium brands (cognacs, champagne, fine wine, spirits) and cigars
- All other optional extras to be settled direct