Spend 10 days on a fully inclusive African safari exploring three iconic safari destinations - Okavango Delta and Chobe National Park in Botswana - before ending off with a stay at the mighty Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe.
Your Victoria Falls and Botswana Safari Experience
This 10-day Victoria Falls and Botswana safari promises to be an adventure of a lifetime. Expect luxury safari accommodation, delicious meals, personalised service and excellent wildlife sightings, game drives, canoeing and river cruises. Hassle-free transfers are done by road and light aircraft flights, and you are always accompanied by an experienced safari guide.
Begin your 10-day African safari at a water-based camp in the Okavango Delta in Botswana. Experience the complete tranquillity, exclusivity of the Okavango Delta as you glide along the lily-studded waterways of the Delta on a traditional canoe and tracking wildlife on foot on nearby islands.
Move along to Chobe National Park where you will get to experience various African safari activities and observe animals in their natural habitat, such as lions, elephants, leopards, giraffes, to name a few. Enjoy stunning river views, 4x4 game drives and sundowner cruises on the Chobe River where you are guaranteed lots of elephant sightings as they come to the river to play and drink.
As you cross borders into Zimbabwe, you will be taken on a guided tour of the Victoria Falls, one of the seven natural world wonders. Listen to the sounds of the falls, very similar to thunder, as you explore the multiple viewpoints of the waterfalls and feel the mist on your face. End your trip on a sunset cruise on the mighty Zambezi River and a dinner around the boma to the sound of drum beats.
Victoria Falls and Botswana Safari Highlights
- Visit Okavango Delta, Savute, Chobe National Park and Victoria Falls
- Combines both water based and land based game viewing
- Hassle free safari with transfers by road and light aircraft flights
- Fully inclusive of all meals, drinks and transfers, flights and activities
- Enjoy candlelit dinners under the African sky
- Explore the reed-fringed waterways of the Delta in a traditional canoe
- Track wildlife on foot with guided nature walks
- Drive through the African bush searching for wildlife in an open safari vehicle
- Cruise the Chobe and Zambezi River on boat safaris
- Visit the thundering Victoria Falls waterfalls on a guided Victoria Falls Rainforest tour
- Witness the zebra migration (seasonal)
- Cultural dinner experience with African drum and dancing show
- Sightings of rare Okavango species such as the Sitatunga
Day 1: Welcome to Botswana!
Take your flight from Johannesburg and fly into Maun, in Botswana, where you will then take a light aircraft flight to reach the Okavango Delta.
Have your camera ready as the aircraft flies at low altitude to allow you to witness scenic views of the Delta, weather permitting. Land on a bush airstrip as you arrive in the middle of the Okavango Delta with the waterways rushing up.
Spend your next two nights at Camp Okavango, an intimate, eco-friendly, and luxurious Botswana safari lodge shaded by the thick Delta vegetation, with your own private open deck.
Enjoy the views from your viewing deck, or sit by the open-air fire pits to admire your surroundings. During hot summer days, take a dip in the rim flow swimming pool and lounge in the shade of the thatched lounge deck.
Day 2: Explore the Delta
Set in the permanent Okavango Delta, your camp is conveniently situated on the remote Nxaragha Island, offering you access to water-based activities and wildlife exploration. Explore the Delta in the traditional mokoro (dugout canoe) or on a modern motorboat, with the help of experienced guides.
With this Okavango Delta safari, you will also have the opportunity to explore land-based wildlife on guided bush walks on the nearby islands with professional guides.
Take advantage of bird watching opportunities as well, or spend some quiet moments fishing for bream and tiger fish (seasonal)
Day 3: Fly to Savute
After breakfast and a morning game viewing activity in the Delta, take another light aircraft flight to reach the Savute Channel, a more secluded and remote area in the Chobe National Park with plenty of amazing opportunities for game viewing.
Spend three nights at the Savute Safari Lodge, in a thatched, elegant, earthy chalet with your own private deck. The awe-inspiring zebra migration occurs here in November-December, and again from February to April, as thousands of zebras migrate in search of grasslands and waterholes. If you’re lucky you might spot the wildlife predators actively looking for their next meal.
Day 4 - 5: Game viewing in the Savute Channel
Wake up early and head out on a morning safari in open game vehicles in the Savute Channel, famous for its exceptional game viewings, such as the cheetah, wild dog, and leopard, as well as large concentrations of elephants and lions. Have your camera ready as you get close to the wildlife for those perfect photography shots.
Take the opportunity to do some bird watching as well. Your lodge and its close proximity to the wildlife is the perfect location from which to relax and experience an “armchair” safari from your accommodation during your free time.
Lounge by the pool and watch as the elephants wander over to the Channel to drink and frolic. In the evening, enjoy a dinner al fresco under the stars. Visit the ancient San rock paintings at Gubatsa Hills, which is a small hill that stands out due to its flat surroundings.
Formed more 900 million years ago during volcanic movement, the Gubatsa Hills is an important landmark to this region and a tribute to the San people. The avenue of baobab trees is a short distance away.
Day 6 - 7: Elephants of Chobe
Take a light aircraft to the Chobe Game Lodge, where you will spend two nights inside the Chobe National Park. A permanent game lodge open all year round, your accommodation is a luxurious and eco-friendly tent facing the river, the perfect place to relax and enjoy views of the animals, trees, and birds.
With the largest concentration of elephant in Africa, you are guaranteed a fun and adventurous Chobe safari experience. Wake up early, have a light breakfast, and head out on your morning game drive to look for elephants, buffalos, lions, leopards, wild dogs, giraffes, and many other wildlife. Often, they gather around the Chobe River to drink and bathe.
During the day, or at sunset, take a boat cruise along the Chobe River for a relaxing adventure, and spot animals from your boat. Back at the lodge, relax around the boma, or head to the pool for a quick dip to escape the heat during the warmer days.
Refresh yourself with a cocktail or a drink from the bar as you await your deliciously-prepared dinner, set in a different designated area every time.
Day 8 - 9: The majestic Victoria Falls
Have one last breakfast in the Chobe and head to Zimbabwe via road transfer as you cross borders, which is an adventure in itself. Spend your next two nights at the Victoria Falls Safari Club, an exclusive, luxurious boutique hotel in Victoria Falls with gorgeous views of the African wilderness.
Take a guided tour of the Victoria Falls, the main attraction in this region, as you’re guided along more than 15 different view spots and feel the spray of the falls on your face.
After your tour of the thundering falls, enjoy the cooling water of the swimming pool with a view as you look over at the waterhole from your deck, where many animals gather. Take advantage of the complimentary shuttle to the Victoria Falls Rainforest and the town centre to explore on your own.
In the evening, take a sunset cruise along the mighty Zambezi River, and take in your scenic surroundings as you sip on a sundowner drink. Watch for wildlife such as elephants, hippos, crocodiles, and birds from the deck. After your relaxing cruise, head back to your hotel for dinner around the boma and a cultural experience and drum show.
Day 10: Your African safari has come to an end
Today is your last day of your Victoria Falls and Botswana safari. Watch the African sunrise and slowly get ready and pack your bags.
You still have some time for any last minute gift shopping for mementoes of your Victoria Falls and Botswana safari.
After breakfast in Victoria Falls, soak up the sights one last time before you will be taken to the airport for your flight back to Johannesburg via road transfer. We wish you a safe trip back home.
- Scheduled flight from Johannesburg or Cape Town to Botswana
- Scheduled flight from Victoria Falls to Johannesburg or Cape Town
- Road and light aircraft transfers between airports, hotels and lodges/camps
- 5 nights’ intimate safari lodge/tented accommodation in Okavango Delta and Savute
- 4 nights’ hotel accommodation in Chobe and Victoria Falls
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner
- Select local branded drinks (bottled water, coffee & teas, soft drinks, beers, spirits and house wines)
- Mokoro canoe (dugout canoe) and motorised boating excursions through the Delta waterways
- Guided nature walks on nearby islands in Okavango
- Game drives in open safari vehicle accompanied by experienced guides and tracker in Savute and Chobe National Park
- Sunset boat cruises on the Chobe River and Zambezi River
- Hourly courtesy shuttle to Victoria Falls Rainforest and town centre
- Guided tour of the Victoria Falls
- Cultural dinner experience with African drum and dancing show
- Park and conservation fees
- Premium drinks, meals and optional activities not listed above
- Rainforest entry fees (approx. USD 40 per person)
- All other extras to be settled direct