Abu Camp, Okavango Delta, Botswana
Your Expected Botswana Game Lodge Experience
- Lodging: There are 6 exclusive, beautifully furnished en-suite tents and the Abu Villa for 4 guests
- Location: Located on a 450 000 acre concession in the heart of the Okavango Delta
- Activities: Walking with Elephants, night drives, mokoro (dug-out canoe) excursions
The Okavango Delta in Botswana is one of the world's largest inland river systems. The Okavango River, born in the uplands of Angola to the Northwest, flows into and fans out across the Kalahari Desert to form an immense inland delta of lagoons, channels and palm filled islands.
This fragile ecosystem remains one of the world's unspoilt and beautiful wildernesses where a diversity of animals and birds can be seen.
Set in 450 000 acres of private reserve, this tranquil shady corner of heaven is in a pristine wilderness. Surrounded by open grasslands, crystal clear waters, island sanctuaries and the papyrus-fringed channels, which make this part of Africa unique, Abu Camp is the perfect spot from which to explore the mysteries and magnificence of this ancient land. There is no better way of interacting with the wilderness and wildlife of the Delta.
At Abu Camp, In addition to the Elephant experience, guests are also encouraged to participate in some of the other fabulous activities that the Okavango Delta has to offer.
Mokoros take guests into some of the more inaccessible areas. Game drives in specially adapted open 4x4 Landcruisers supplement the game viewing from Abus, allowing guests to cover more ground in their pursuit of the Delta's wildlife.
The Abu Camp dining area is set on layered teak decking that winds its way around African Ebony and Sycamore Fig trees. An expert safari chef conjures up magnificent meals, catering for all tastes and dietary requirements. Sundowners are served in the shade of these majestic and ancient trees with abundant cocktails on ice.
The Abu Elephant Experience Includes
- Walking with the Abu herd elephants
- Physically interacting with the herd
- Observing and participating in activities including mud bathing, training and veterinary care
- Learning more about elephant conservation, behaviour and care
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions