Desert and Rivers | Classic Kalahari and Okavango Houseboat Safari Package
Includes flights ex/to Johannesburg.
Accommodation: Classic tents with en-suite facilities, mobile tents, houseboat with en-suite rooms
Activities: Game drives and guided walks, Bushmen interaction, fishing, birding, motorboat and mokoro rides (canoeing) and optional quad biking safaris, visits to the legendary Tsodilo Hills and day trips
Destinations: Kalahari Conservancy, Central Kalahari, Okavango Delta Panhandle - Botswana
Seasonal: All year, but peaking between July and October
Fly-in Classic Kalahari & Okavango Riverboat Experience
This Desert and Rivers Safari Package shares dramatic regions and experiences on what will be one of the most fascinating safaris in Africa. The Central Kalahari holds some special secrets that will be revealed through interpretation by the original inhabitants of the area, the Bushmen.
The Okavango Panhandle is the least known area of the Okavango system in Botswana. Renowned in the past for its fishing, the Panhandle is coming into its own as a safari destination where a number of activities are on offer.
Activities on this Desert Rivers Safari Experience range from game drives to see desert adapted animals to boat cruises in search of aquatic animals. Walks led by Bushmen and experienced guides open your eyes to the wonders of the Kalahari.
Day 1: Johannesburg - Maun - Kalahari ConservancyView Lodge
Day 2: Central Kalahari Game Reserve
Day 3: Central Kalahari Game Reserve
Day 4: Kalahari ConservancyView Lodge
Day 5: Central Kalahari - Okavango Panhandle
Day 6: Okavango Panhandle
Day 7: Okavango Panhandle - Maun - JohannesburgThis is the final day of your Desert Rivers Safari Package. Today you can enjoy the peace and tranquillity of this great waterway for a few more hours before you say your goodbyes. You will be transferred to the airstrip in time to catch your flight to Maun where you connect with the onward flight to Johannesburg, after what can only be described as an African safari with a difference.
Rates & PricesThis Classic Kalahari & Okavango Houseboat Package is based on a 7 day Fly-in Safari ex/to Maun and includes scheduled flights ex/to Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport. This trip to Botswana requires a minimum of 4 adults to run the mobile safari tour.
The rate is calculated per person sharing a room. Please take note that the luggage restriction will be 12kg (26.5 pounds) per person in soft bags only for the light aircraft flight ex/to Maun.
- Return flight from Johannesburg per scheduled departure
- Light aircraft flight ex/to Maun and between the locations
- 2 nights in en-suite accommodation at a safari lodge
- 2 nights in a mobile tent
- 2 nights on a houseboat with en-suite facilities
- All meals, teas, coffees and snacks, local alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages
- Game drives and guided walks
- Activities from the houseboat: fishing, birding, motorboat and mokoro rides
- Entrance fees
- Vehicle and fuel cost for mobile safari tour
- Vat Botswana and levies
- Flight tax and departure tax
- Any gratuities or personal expenses
- Premium brand drinks
- Optional activities: excursion to Tsodilo Hills, excursion to Mahango Game Reserve (Caprivi-Namibia), quadbike safari, a day trip to the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans and a day trip into Central Kalahari
- Visa fees
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions