Nxamaseri Island Lodge, Okavango Panhandle, Botswana
Your Expected Okavango Panhandle Botswana Safari Experience:
- Lodging: 6 double en-suite chalets with decks overlooking the water.
- Location: Extremely tranquil setting on the Panhandle, Okavango Delta
- Activities: Birding safaris, fly / lure fishing, boating, Tsodilo Hills trips
Intimate and stylish, this Okavango Panhandle Lodge in Botswana is surrounded by water and protected by indigenous forest. Wonderfully peaceful and private, this is a prime fly-fishing and birding destination where guests can't help but relax in such a verdant setting.
The site of Nxamaseri Island Lodge was selected for its great natural beauty and seclusion. An original Okavango Panhandle Lodge, Nxamaseri is the only one of its kind in the Panhandle. The focus of the lodge is on attention to detail, fabulous food and exploring the lush waterways and sacred Tsodilo Hills.
Only semi-aquatic animals can survive in this environment amongst prolific birdlife - at least 350 of 500 species found in Botswana live here. The owner of Nxamaseri Island Lodge is a pioneer of fly-fishing in Botswana and guests can enjoy this or tiger and bream fishing adventures from shore or by boat. Other activities include excursions in a traditional dug out canoe, guided walks and fabulous birding safaris.
Nxamaseri Island Lodge Facilities
- Curio shop - local artefacts / handcrafts (proceeds go back to the communities)
- Access to the island is by road or boat (transfers provided)
- Guests need to bring their own fly-fishing kit
- Standard lure fishing equipment / tiger fish flies supplied
- Nxamaseri Island Lodge is experienced in hosting film crews
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions