This 4 day Fly-in Classic Linyanti Wilderness Package takes you to the source of the Savuti Channel in the western area of Linyanti which abounds with plenty of wildlife. Includes flights ex/to Johannesburg.
Fly-in Classic Linyanti Wilderness Experience
The 4-day Fly-in Classic Linyanti Wilderness Package allows you to explore the dramatic Linyanti wilderness. This area is famous for the Savuti Channel, a river that floods and dries up independently of the rains due to geological activity in the region.
Head out on morning and evening game drives during which you might see Elephant herds that number in their thousands as well as many different antelope, such as Lechwe, Kudu and Giraffe. The area is also well known for its predators, including Lions and Hyenas.
You could head down the Savuti River in a canoe and see what animals come down to drink at the river. Alternatively, you could go on a guided walk to explore the region. These are led by expert guides who will point out the smaller animals such as Mongooses and the many species of birds.
Day 1: Johannesburg - Maun - Linyanti
Upon arrival in Maun from Johannesburg, you will be transferred by light aircraft to your Botswana safari camp in the northern part of Botswana where you'll spend the next 3 nights.
You will be welcomed and be able to enjoy a light lunch before heading out on an afternoon game drive during which you might see elephant, impala, buffalo and wildebeest.
You'll stop off in a scenic location and enjoy refreshing sundowners before heading back to camp where you will enjoy a wonderful African inspired meal out on the deck. You'll retire into your luxurious accommodation and fall asleep listening to the peace of the African night.
Day 2 - 3: Savuti (in Linyanti)
You will be woken up early so that you can go on a game drive just after dawn when game viewing is at its best as the animals are at their most active. These game drives are led by knowledgeable guides who will help you make the most of your game viewing experience.
The trip could take in the beautiful Savute Marsh which is home to many buffalo and large lion prides. You could stop along the way and enjoy a refreshing picnic in the bush or return to camp for brunch followed by some time to relax. If you're there in the dry season, you'll see many elephants and zebra that migrate into the area.
In the late afternoon you'll once again head out on an evening game drive. This is a great chance to see the nocturnal inhabitants of the region such as aardvark and aardwolf. You'll return to camp and enjoy a candlelight dinner.
Day 4: Linyanti - Maun - Johannesburg
On the last day of your 4 days Fly-In Classic Linyanti Wilderness Package you'll have one final early wake-up call followed by tea and coffee before you head out on your a game viewing activity.
You'll return to camp for a tasty breakfast before your light aircraft flight takes you back to Maun, where you will catch your connection to Johannesburg O.R. Tambo International Airport.
- Scheduled return flights from Johannesburg to Maun
- Return light aircraft air transfer from Maun to bush airstrip
- Return safari road transfers from the airstrip to your safari lodge
- 3 nights' accommodation in a luxury tented camp overlooking the Savute Channel
- All meals including light breakfast, brunch, afternoon tea and dinner
- Local branded drinks including tea, coffee, bottled water, soft drinks, wine and spirits
- Day game drives in specially adapted 4x4 Land Rover allowing for a “window seat”
- Night game drives with spotlights allowing you a glimpse into the nocturnal bush
- Motorboat safaris exploring the floodplains and channels bringing you closer to water-based wildlife (water level dependent)
- Fishing on a catch and release basis (seasonal)
- Light laundry service
- Park and conservation fees
- Optional activities
- Premium branded drinks and all other extras to be settled direct