This no-frills 5-day Victoria Falls and Chobe Safari packs in just enough adventure with two of the most sought-after destinations in Southern Africa. Starting with the natural wonder of Victoria Falls then onwards for some top-notch game viewing in the Chobe National Park.
Victoria Falls and Chobe Safari Experience
On this 5-day Victoria falls and Chobe safari you will start out exploring the wonders of the rumbling falls, which always makes the top of the travel list for those that make their way through Southern Africa. As a little background, Victoria Falls is not only the name of the massive waterfall that is fed by the Zambezi River, it also refers to the name of the small surrounding town located in Zimbabwe.
Here, you'll discover a plethora of included and optional activities to keep you busy for days, from elegant afternoon teas to sundowner boat cruises, swimming, rafting, bungee jumping and zip lining.Onwards to the Chobe in Botswana, you will experience some incredible variations in wildlife. These are best appreciated on thrilling 4x4 game drives as well as safari boat cruises along the Chobe River. It really doesn't get better than this!
Victoria Falls and Chobe Safari Highlights
- You'll get the best of both Victoria Falls with a Botswana Chobe National Park safari
- Enjoy 4x4 drives through the African bush searching for wildlife in an open safari vehicle
- Sunset boat cruise over the Zambezi River
- Safari boat cruise over the Chobe to view game
- Visit the thundering Victoria Falls waterfalls on a guided Victoria Falls Rainforest tour
- Optional Flight of Angels over the Victoria Falls
- Complimentary shuttle from your lodge to Victoria Falls town centre
- Traditional boma dinner and drum performance in Victoria Falls
- Year-round bird watching is incredibly in both destinations
- Experience large herds of elephants and aquatic wildlife such as hippo and crocodile
Day 1: Sunsets and Sundowners
You can fly in from Johannesburg or Cape Town directly to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. After a private road transfer to Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, you’ll have some time to settle in and explore your surroundings.
Just wait till you see the waterhole. Here, you can view a variety of wildlife including elephant, buffalo, kudu, waterbuck, zebra, impala as well as a large number of bird species. It’s almost as if the animals come straight to you!
The highlight of your first day will definitely be the sunset cruise along the Zambezi River with access to the luxury deck and your choice of sundowner as you watch the natural show, as the light fades over the untouched landscape.
Day 2: Vultures and Victoria Falls
Today you are rewarded with a full day in which to make the most of your time at Victoria Falls. Stock up on a good breakfast just before you embark on your guided tour. First stop, the falls! This massive sheet of falling water and the spray that it produces is mesmerizing, to say the least.
Next up is a visit to the Vulture Culture centre where you can learn more about these fascinating and often overlooked scavenger birds of prey. Once you have watched the vultures have their feed, you will also have yours at the quirky Buffalo Bar restaurant on site.
In the afternoon, put your feet up and relax. Or, you can make use of the hourly courtesy shuttle to Victoria Falls Rainforest and the city centre. Tonight you will be enthralled by a cultural drum show as you dine in the traditional outdoor boma.
Day 3 - 4: Safari in Chobe
After breakfast, say goodbye to Zimbabwe as you catch your private road transfer to the Chobe National Park in Botswana. You will be spending two nights at Chobe Marina which offers charming hospitality, beautiful accommodation and breathtaking river views.
Expect a massive dose of adventure. From safari cruises along the Chobe River to 4x4 game drives scouting for elephants (of which there are plenty), buffalos, lions, hyena and even African wild dog if you are lucky.
The birdlife is also excellent, from ubiquitous fish eagles to a myriad of herons and waders. Be sure to keep your camera fully charged throughout your stay, as there is always something to see around every corner. The Chobe truly is a mecca for wildlife-lovers.
Day 5: One Last Sunrise
After a good night’s sleep, you will awake to a vibrant, fresh breakfast with a freshly brewed pot of hot coffee. Enjoy your last breakfast on the deck as you take in the scenery surrounding the marina one last time.
You will be taken back to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, where you can catch your flight out. If you feel 5 days is not quite long enough, you can easily combine this Victoria Falls and Chobe safari with another experience.
- Scheduled round trip flights between Johannesburg and Victoria Falls
- Road transfer from the airport to your hotel in Victoria Falls
- Round trip road transfers between Victoria Falls and Chobe
- 2 nights’ accommodation at a lodge in Victoria Falls overlooking the Zambezi National Park
- 2 nights’ accommodation on the banks of the Chobe River
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Guided tour of the Victoria Falls
- Cultural experience in Victoria Falls at the Boma with dinner and drum show
- Sunset cruise on the Zambezi River (luxury deck)
- Hourly courtesy shuttle to Victoria Falls Rainforest and town centre
- Game drives into Chobe National Park in an open safari vehicle with experienced guide
- Safari boat cruise along the Chobe River
- Chobe National Park fees
- Rainforest and National Park entry fee in Victoria Falls (approx. USD 40 per person)
- Optional activities, drinks and all other optional extras to be settled direct