This 5 day Classic Fly-in Chobe safari and Houseboat Experience provides a Botswana getaway with a difference. The classic safari combines with a houseboat adventure for a unique Botswana holiday experience.
Includes flights ex/to Johannesburg.
Classic Fly-in Chobe and Houseboat Experience
The Chobe Houseboat Safari Package puts a new perspective on the African safari in one of Botswana's greatest wildlife sanctuaries. The traditional safari combines with something new and unique in the houseboat experience, to provide a truly memorable safari holiday.
The Chobe River is renowned for its prolific wildlife, and in particular, the concentration of Elephants during the dry season, and this safari package ensures the best opportunity to experience the bounty.
You'll enjoy the comfort of a traditional safari lodge and a luxury houseboat, which allows for an overall appreciation of the wildlife experience of the Chobe River, where animals can be viewed from land as well as water.
Chobe Safari Highlights
- Classic lodge and luxury boat accommodation with en-suite facilities
- Game drives, boat cruises, birding and fishing, excursions
- Chobe River, Chobe National Park (Botswana) and Chobe Namibia (Caprivi Strip)
- The best time is between May and October, during the dry season
Day 1: Johannesburg - Kasane - Chobe
Today you will arrive in Kasane in the north eastern corner of Botswana on a flight from Johannesburg. You will be met and transferred to your safari lodge on the Chobe River on the border of the National Park.
You can relax looking out over the river before the afternoon game drive or boat cruise to experience the prolific wildlife of the region. Dinner is served to the sounds of the nocturnal aquatic creatures of Chobe.
Day 2: Chobe
An early wake-up call signals a new day of adventure and fascinating sights as you explore the Chobe National Park on game drives and boat cruises, enjoying the wildlife sightings and explanations from your knowledgeable guides. The Chobe River is a haven for wildlife, especially during the dry season when great herds concentrate along the water.
After the morning activity there will be a choice of things to do including fishing and visiting a village to learn about the culture of the area. The afternoon activity can be rounded off with a sundowner on the river, affording one of the most inspirational moments in Africa.
Day 3: Chobe - Chobe Caprivi
There may be time for a morning activity before clearing immigration in Botswana and heading across to the Caprivi Strip of Namibia. You'll be taken to your Chobe houseboat where you will spend the next 3 nights experiencing a new and unique African Safari.
The days are about relaxation coupled with the excitement of being in a true African wilderness. The houseboat provides for your every need and activities include bird watching, fishing, game viewing or simply relaxing on the deck looking out over the river.
Day 4: Chobe Caprivi
There will be a choice of activities to while away the time, from simply relaxing on the deck of the houseboat to a morning trip to view the Victoria Falls or a game drive in the Chobe National Park.
The guides on the boat are happy to share their vast knowledge and experience with you, and take you out in activities of your choice. They know the area intimately, having crossed every channel and floodplain, and gladly share their passion with you.
Being on a houseboat on one of the most famous rivers of Africa is truly a unique experience that cannot be had anywhere else, and this Chobe Houseboat Experience Safari Package is set up to make the most of this truly unique African Safari.
Day 5: Chobe Caprivi - Kasane - Johannesburg
This is the final day of your Botswana Safari. Today you will leave the houseboat and head back across into Botswana via the immigration in Kasane. You will then be transferred to the airport to catch your return flight to Johannesburg O.R. Tambo International Airport after a truly memorable African safari experience.
- Scheduled return road transfers from Kasane airport to Chobe
- Return boat transfers from Kasane Immigration to Chobe safariboat
- 2 nights' accommodation at a Chobe safari lodge
- 2 nights' accommodation onboard a safariboat cruising along the Chobe River
- Breakfast and dinner
- Lunch on day 3 and day 4
- Guided game drives in the Chobe National Park
- Guided game viewing and birding from tender boat (water based)
- Guided fishing from well-equipped fishing boat (fishing licenses included)
- Guided walk on Impalila Island to see the ancient Baobab tree
- Visit a local village on the Namibian side of the Chobe River (when available)
- All equipment hire (fishing rods, lures etc.)
- Chobe National Park fees
- Drinks and meals not specified above
- Optional activities and all other extras to be settled direct