Jacana Camp is a small camp set in the permanent wetlands of the Okavango Delta in Botswana. Enjoy the beauty of this intimate Okavango Delta camp which is ideally located on a shimmering, secluded island. Embark on water-based safari activities such as boat trips and peaceful game viewing by mokoro (traditional dug-out canoe).
Why We Love Jacana Camp and You Will Too
- The facilities of this Okavango Delta water-based safari camp are hard to beat. There's an outdoor gazebo with hammocks, a plunge pool, a traditional campfire area (always lit up at night), a cosy pub, an elevated dining space and an inviting lounge area.
- The Meru-style tented rooms are raised on timber decks to get the most of the views but are private enough to indulge in an outdoor shower.
- Jacana Camp primarily offers water-based activities, but guided walks run year-round too, and game drives are also available during the summer months.
- The traditional mokoro excursions are not to be missed. During this seamless safari experience, you'll witness plenty of Delta "specials," such as rare sitatunga, red lechwe and birds-a-plenty.
- We love that Jacana is dedicated to projects that support community upliftment, partnering with the Tubu Joint Management Committee and the Pack for a Purpose initiative.
Your Okavango Camp Experience
A stay at Jacana Camp is a wonderful introduction to the watery paradise that is the Okavango Delta. Great for Botswana safari first-timers (and second or third timers too). This Okavango Delta camp is ideally located on a small and secluded island.
Fully encompassed by those iconic floodplains, this is just the kind of place where you can switch off and while away your time watching birds, hippos and herds of elephants frolicking in the water. It's much like a scene straight out of an adventure book, think Robinson Crusoe or The Swiss Family Robinson, but without the part about being stranded on an isolated location.
On the contrary, Jacana is a place you might just want to be stranded at for a while, especially with the team of attentive staff, and facilities that make for a comfortable and memorable stay.
When you succumb to the lure of the wild, embark on activities at Jacana Camp. Level up on wildlife watching with guided walks, mokoro rides and boating excursions. There's even the option to embark on guided 4x4 game drives during the summer months when the water levels are low enough to accommodate vehicles.
Booking Jacana Camp